Beginning March 2 PBS Kids Peg + Cat is going musical. Well at least they'll be musically influenced new episodes. They'll be running the gambit from the "groovy" sixties to Radio City Musical Hall. Music is such a great way to teach math concepts. My daughter is in 5th grade now and I know learning about music has helped her immeasurably (har har) with all the fraction work they do.
Here's the full run down of the new Peg + Cat episodes
“The Allergy Problem/I Do What I Can: The Musical!”
– Premieres Monday, March 2, 2015
· The Allergy Problem - When Peg is told she's allergic to Cat, Cat leaves home! Ramone flies Peg around the world in his flying machine that runs on 100 pebbles, in search of her friend.
· I Do What I Can: The Musical! - Peg and Cat present a Broadway musical about the amazing Ramone, who became a hero by doing 30 great things, 5 at a time.“The Roxanne Problem/The Girl Group Problem”
- Premieres Tuesday, March 3, 2015
· The Roxanne Problem - Cat longs to impress the savvy Roxanne with his knowledge of solid shapes. So he moves his lips as his hidden friend Peg speaks for him.
· The Girl Group Problem - Peg's girl group the Pentagirls has its biggest show ever, featuring a new hit song about flips, slides, and turns. “The Groovy Sixties Problem/Bad Jack is Back”
- Premieres Wednesday, March 4, 2015
· The Groovy Sixties Problem - Peg and Cat help Peg's hippy Grandmom create a groovy birthday present for Granddad based on his favorite numbers: the sixties.
· Bad Jack is Back - When Bad Jack returns with his gang to tickle the townspeople, a surprise guest shows Peg and Cat how to fend off the bad guys' six feathers with four feathers.“The Magic Uke/The Rocking Out Problem”
- Premieres Thursday, March 5, 2015
· The Magic Uke - Peg must trek through the Kingdom of Night to reach Cat. To cross the star-shaped steps, Peg needs to find lines of symmetry with the help of a magic ukulele.
· The Rocking Out Problem - When Baby Fox makes a spectacular musical instrument out of junk, Peg and Cat get stuck in it! To get out they use up, down, around and 3/4 time.
You can also enjoy PBS Kids on their new YouTube channel
aimed at kids 2-8 and their parents. Now you can see all you and your kids favs anytime you want! The channel includes hundreds of clips and promotional videos from popular PBS KIDS series, such as DANIEL TIGER’S NEIGHBORHOOD, PEG + CAT, WILD KRATTS, ARTHUR, MARTHA SPEAKS, WORDGIRL and PBS KIDS’ newest series, ODD SQUAD. In addition, viewers can watch full episodes on YouTube from web original series, including FIZZY’S LUNCH LAB, OH NOAH!, RUFF RUFFMAN: HUMBLE MEDIA GENIUS, CHUCK VANDERCHUCK’S “SOMETHING SOMETHING” EXPLOSION and PLUM LANDING. New content will be added to the channel weekly.